Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recessed lights inside duct??

I am in the process of putting a bathroom in my basement and have had to drywall around ducts. A friend told me that it would be OK to install a recessed light right inside the heating/cooling duct as it passes right over the top of my lav/mirror. Can someone tell me if this is acceptable/advisable?

I'm no electrician, but I would not put a light (or any other electric device, for that matter) inside the ductwork.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <center></center>

Comment

it not only is not advisable, it is code prohibited.

Comment

No way! Putting a light fixture into a duct is like putting non plenum cable inside a duct. Against fire code regulations and the NEC.

Comment

Whoever told you that should be hung by there toes!!!! Not only should you not do it for the reasons listed above, but just think about how much heat a can light puts off, now put that in an area where the temps are about 20 degrees lower than the room temp. What happens when you apply cold air to a hot surface.....bingo, condensation. do you really want a light that is pouring water out of it while you are standing in the shower???

Have you changed your filter this month?

Brandon
          - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Working...
          X
          =