Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights in suspended ceiling

I am finishing our basement and am trying to determine what the best lighting would be for the suspended ceiling we will be installing. The bedroom is 10x14 feet and I am wondering what type of lights to use, how many, and where they should be placed. Thanks.

hello there. the best place to start is your local lighting store. the people working here will have more knowledge that most electricians. Here is a little info to get you thinking. Track lighting is becoming very popular because peoples lighting needs change and track lighting provides the flexability. The track can be istalled on 1,2 of all four walls . most people will only need maybe 2 walls. the beams of light can be foucused. the center can be iluuminated with a regular incandescent or fluorescent. one luminaires fixture in the center will be sufficient along with border lighiting. If you use fluorescent the f40t12 with a color rendering index of 85 of better. 100 means the lamp produces natural sun light. then you need to decide on the color. the color is measure as color temperature. the color temp and the cri are realted Warm White 2500° K to 3000° K
    Cool White: 4000° K to 4500° K
    Day Light: 6200° K to 6800° K
    again the local lighting facility is a great place to visit. As far spacing the track lighting from the wall there is a minimum distance it might be 6 inches. If you move them off the wall a foot then you will be safe. I hope this help. If you need more info I will try to help. With a little knowledge you should be able to visit your local hardware store and make the selection need. Remember to follow the NEC2005 and the local electrical requirements. It is better to be safe.

Comment

I fully agree with Hayzee, the only thing i would add is when you go to a lighting showroom allow plenty of time. There are hundreds of options to see and just visiting the showroom can be a fun and enlightening experience.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info!

Comment

enlightening - sorry just wondered if that was intended or if I'm just stupid :-)

~Jonathon Reinhart
          ~Jonathon Reinhart

Comment

Working...
          X
          =