Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raynor R170-7 Stopped Working - Help!

Hey all! A bit of a home repair noob here, so bear with me.

So my home has a two car garage. Both garage doors have a Raynor R170-7 opener and Raynor PEC-R sensors. There are push buttons inside the garage that we use.

Out of the blue one day both garage doors stopped working and I am not sure what the issue is.

-Both power outlets that openers are plugged into are working.
    -Each set of sensors seem to be working, though I'm not sure. One side of each pair is powered and the green light is on. The other side of each pair does not have a light on. I cannot remember if those sides had working lights back when the door was operating. However, when I stand in front of the sensor path, the units that have a green light just stay green. They do not register that something is in the way. I do feel like that is a new occurrence.

This would lead me to believe that something is wrong with the sensors. Or can the sensors act up if something is blown on the main unit? Either way, it seems strange that they both stopped working at the same time.

ANY help I can get would be much appreciated. I want to explore all options before hiring someone to look at it. Thanks!
Working...
X
=