Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over Sea's Service dept.s defenetly not "Old School".

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Sea's Service dept.s defenetly not "Old School".

Do you ever take time out to think about over seas customer service departments of our fine American companies?

The best thing I like about Dell or Gateway is their service department are in India. If you want to ensure getting India call after 5:00 PM. SBC Yahoo DSL has their service department in the Phillipines after 5:00 PM. I once dated an American born doctor lady who was Philipina and she taught me some of her language. I like to greet the SBC Yahoo DSL folks with their native tongue to throw them off.

Awhile back I had a problem with American Express. I have had my American Express card since the early 80's. They had transfered me over seas and I could not understand the person. I wrote American Express a formal letter and discussed the Ironey of their American name yet I could not understand their customer service.

It's a scenerio better then Saturday Night Live or the David Lettermen Show. Not better then the old Jonney Carson Tonight Show though. Remember the opening "Heeeerrrrres Jonney"?

I like it when the over seas service dept's. use American names, specially the real new ones that kids are named today by the new generation like "Kline or Mckensy". The Indian chap answers the phone with a strong accent in which you know dog-gone-well his name is Ahmed or Patel yet they tell you their name is Kline, Jordon or Mckensy. I wonder why they don't use names like John, Matthew or Luke? This is my first laugh.

Then they pull out the infamous problem solving book" because it's OJT (On The Job Training). You tell them the problem and they read it back to you 4 or 5 times. They read the book exactly back to you word for word. They always ask "is this correct (your name)"? They love calling you by your first name to build that one on one neighborly confidence. It's a real treat when they say "how are you today?". For kicks I say Terrible! Awww then we see they really did not care... They only desired an answer from a robot saying "I am fine Kilne and how are you?"

They then put you on hold 2 or 3 times because they don't know what to do other then have you unplug your computer and restart it a few times. If your really lucky you will be transfered to another level tech. and either get disconnected or have to start all over again.

My all time favorite is to ask Ole "Kline" where he lives. They evade this "where-abouts" subject like the plague. I like to tell them they sound like they are from Texas. The last one I did this to for a friends computer; I got them to tell me they are in Texas! I then asked them how they feel about the Hurricane that was about to hit. Of course being in India they know nothing about it and they quickly change the subject. I then say "come on now your not in Texas are you, Kline"? I like to say "and I bet your names not Kline is it?" It's good to follow up with "I hear you guys have a serious Rat problem over there in India is that true, Kline?" "If you were a true Texan, Kline you would know Cows are made to eat and rats are made to kill, what do you think "Kline"?

After my first Gateway are started building my own units. Once you build one you know just about everything there is to know when something happens. It becomes second nature to re-install the OS because it's sometimes faster then dealing with the real software issue.

I personally have no problem with a Service Department in India, Philipines or Tin-Buck-Tu if it was all represented up front to the consumer. They should also pass on the savings to the customer which they don't. So now my taxes went up because we lost our manufacturing base, and now service base, my neighbor is pissed off because he lost his job and I can't understand the service person! We get it from all ends.

No thanks to Dell and Gateway, I'll keep buying my parts individually and keep using forums like this for help. These type of repair forums are 10 times better then somebody else sitting across the pond pretending to be somebody they are not. These type of forums have real people, with real mortgages, they understand because they were there!

When I was a kid, my dad told me that one day I was going to understand what it was he was trying to teach me and know what the phrase "Old School" meant.

I guess that time has come...
    Last edited by wak; 03-08-2006, 06:46 PM.
Working...
X
=