Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add a low voltage switch to my roller garage door motor

We recently bought an older house (25 yrs) which has two separate garage doors. Each door is a roller style. The motors are hard to see as they are enclosed in the roller tube but it appears from the wiring that they are straight 120 ac run off a switch.

The previous owner bought a generic wireless ac motor controller and a liftmaster wireless keypad and receiver. With one door he wired the ac 4 wire ac cable (originally feed into the motor) into the controller (basically red is up, black is down, white is common, and ground is ground). This allowed the one door to open via a wireless remote. However the controller has two low voltage switches to allow function of the doors via another hardwired remote or button. This is where the previous owner wired the liftmaster receiver, allowing the door to open from both the liftmaster keypad and the controller wireless remote.

So, I now want the 2nd door to function the same way. I have a spare liftmaster reciever but do not know how to wire it to the other ac door motor since it does not have any low voltage terminals or board. Anyone know how I can add this reciever to a motor???

Also the wireless motor controller on the other door is defined as a "single motor controller". I am coinsidering wiring the two motors together and then feeding it to the controller. Thus the wireless remote and wireless keypad would open both doors at the same time. Should I be considered with this??? Can I fry the controller since it may be too much power??

Thanks
Working...
X
=