Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spamalot

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but every time I sign onto this forum, I get SLAMMED with SPAM. Honestly--I'm on here like five minutes and I have 25 spams. I'm thinking that there is some sort of filter that the almighty website guru could utilize in order to stop this. It sure would be nice, as I don't want to enlarge any of my body parts and watching teenage mutant lesbians just doesn't do a thing for me.

You have spyware. I can assure you that there are no popups from this site. Trust me, if there were popups or other forms of advertising, I might actually make money off this site

Try running adaware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ and spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html on your computer, and follow its instructions. It will help with the popups and spyware. Let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

If you are talking about spam in the form of emails, we don't do that either. The only emails you might receive from this forum are notification of a topic you are watching, or if you request your password, etc.

Let me know how it goes!

Try
    Try

Comment

spybot

The suggestion about Spybot is a good one, I downloaded it 2 years ago, and use it every few days. Even though it's a free program, it is very easy to use, and works well. It has never failed to find a few things that were put on my computer while I was surfing the web. Letting the program remove these items will also keep your computer running properly, since some of these programs will run in the background, tapping your resources.
      Also, If your e-mail account has one, turn on the spam filter. I use both Yahoo and Hotmail, and they both work suprisingly well.

Hope this helps.
      leone184

Comment

Also check out AVG. They have a great free program to remove adware and spam.
        free.avg.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        =