Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think my Dell Crashed

I have a Dell 4300 Deminsion 256 meg of Ram. I tried to down load a game that requires min. 562 Meg ( like an idiot). It loaded and then said I needed a larger game card. I then turned off the computer and when I tried to restart it I got a black screen a few minutes later DOS comes up and says To retry boot F-1 or to see something I can't remember what it was F-12.
    If I hit F-1 it just continues to repeat To retry boot F-1 over and over again. The F-12 displays some type of programing such a IPC time, etc but dosent help me. any suggestions won't even go into safe mode??????[V]

Depending on your boot sequence will determine where the machine goes for startup. Normally the system seeks out the C drive for boot instructions, then goes to the CD. Since I have an "A" drive my sequence is "C" first, then "A" and finally the "D" or dvd - cdrom drive. Those two keys you mention - at the boot up black screen is when you press F2 or F12. One will take you into the BIOS the other will start windows in SAFE mode or give you a choice.

Comment

make sure the disk is out of the drive

oops this thread was a bit old
      Last edited by mud; 02-22-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

If you have an "A" drive, a floppy, remove it prior to restarting otherwise the machine will try to read the "A" first.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =