Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do to rev up my PC

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with 2 big Hard Drives. I have 2 gigs of memory. It has a Pentium 4 chip in it. I'm not a big "gamer" but I do work with video. Sometimes when I move a window real fast it spreads out like a deck of cards on a table. What would be something I could upgrade without a huge expense?

Thank you,
    Fred

the computer uses what it needs of RAM in order to display an image on the screen off the video driver. many times an increase in total RAM will do nothing. you do a lot of video - well video takes up a lot of RAM in the first place. I do a lot of graphics so my graphics card is faster. maybe you could upgrade your video card with more onboard memory for its functions. adware tends to slow up the whole machine - those ad cookies that are put in without you knowing of them - get rid of them. try WIN registry cleaner - I got it and make use of it regularly. Also lavasoft (personal adaware) free proggy. NoAdware costs $47 but it removes stuff the others go right past. Finally - AVAST anti-virus is free and better than mcafee or norton and is daily upgraded with new heuristic virii links.

Comment

Thanks again

Thank you for all the good info. That is why I say that your website is the best.

Fred

Comment

Working...
      X
      =