Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, if the Windows 98 box has a USB port, just buy a jump drive. They're under $10 these days

copy them to the jump drive (like you would a floppy) and plug the jump drive into the other computer and you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      if you can afford the usb to usb cable from CDW I would suggest you do this. You can then transfer files from ANY computer to ANY computer running win98 and/or XP, ME etc. You will find that the usb port on one computer is the same on any computer but you need the cable with the "egg" in the middle.

I must have gotten confused on the cables. So you meant that using a standard USB cable could burn one or the other up but not the special one, and that it will work in any USB port.

I tried Snapfish and Fotki and having trouble getting them both to work right. Fotki won't answer the phone. Takes about 3 hours to upload 129 picture if the it doesn't quit in the mean time.
      Last edited by ba_50; 04-05-2008, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbc View Post
        well, if the Windows 98 box has a USB port, just buy a jump drive. They're under $10 these days

copy them to the jump drive (like you would a floppy) and plug the jump drive into the other computer and you're done.
        Never heard of a jump drive. Is that the same thing as a flash drive. FD's won't use W98 now days. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ba_50 View Post
          Never heard of a jump drive. Is that the same thing as a flash drive. FD's won't use W98 now days. I'll check it out. Thanks.

same thing
          this one's $8 on line

Comment

Working...
          X
          =