Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crabjoe
    replied
    It's been so long since I've used Windows 98, I can't be 100% sure on this. But I'm thinking you might have problems if you go any USB port option (Port 2 port or even a Flash drive). I say this because I don't think Windows 98 supports most newer devices. Now if you have Windows 98SE, you'd be better off because it supported more USB devices. Also whatever route you take, if you're going to use the USB port, make sure the device is backwards compatible. Those old machines don't support USB 2.0.

BTW, a flash drive would be your best bet.

Leave a comment:

• Troy
    replied
    If the camera works on both the desktop and the laptop, you can probably use it as a flash drive. Just drag the files onto it, switch the camera to the destination computer and drag them off.

Leave a comment:

• HayZee518
    replied
    if you go to the cdw site you can buy a direct usb to usb cable for transferring anything from one computer to another. the cable cost $29.95 but is well worth it. when you set it up you'll get two screen options - UNICODE and ANSI. unicode is for win xp to win xp, the ansi is for win 98 to winxp. works like a charm!

Leave a comment:

• ba_50
    started a topic Will photos transfer from W98 to XP?

Will photos transfer from W98 to XP?

I am using a Gateway 500 with W98. It has 129 photos that need transferred to a laptop with XP.

The same camera software works on the laptop. By using a USB cable, can we transfer them?

I tried to use a flash drive but it didn't have the right drivers and would have to be mailed back to Dell.

E-mail is awfully slow. Snapshot.com isn't working right for another week.

There is no CD burner on this Gateway.

Are there any other ideas? Thanks.
Working...
X
=