Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a repair problem, but...

This is not a computer repair problem, so, please tell me the better place to put it. (?)
    My grandson and I were talking about his electric guitar and how neat it would be if he were able to somehow hook it into his 'puter for recording. Can this be done? Through the amp, then some magic cable to USB port? Or without the amp through some other means?

take the guitar out put cable and connect the 1/4 inch plug to a mini plug adapter to the "mic" inputto the computer. then go to "recorder" and start to record and play guitar. the guitar's output is magnetic in output just like a microphone is

Comment

Guitar pickup...

Thanks, HayZee! I'm gonna look like a hero to my grandson!

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
        This is not a computer repair problem, so, please tell me the better place to put it. (?)
        My grandson and I were talking about his electric guitar and how neat it would be if he were able to somehow hook it into his 'puter for recording. Can this be done? Through the amp, then some magic cable to USB port? Or without the amp through some other means?

Best buy has beat you to it. They have already got a system like that.

Typical every time I get a good ideal for an invention. Some one beats me

Comment

It works!

Well, I have not been formally notified from my Grandson that it works, but his dad told me he went to RS, purchased the plugs for under $20, and did his recording! My son tells me G'son will be sending me his composition soon. Am anxious for that, and will also find out exactly what he did. From what I hear, he is one happy camper! Thanks for the help, Deity!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =