Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Converting Software

I am looking for a video converting software, that will convert to EVEY video format out there. If any one has lots of experience please let me know what you recommend.

Originally posted by Dreamthief View Post
    I am looking for a video converting software, that will convert to EVEY video format out there. If any one has lots of experience please let me know what you recommend.
    I guess part of the answer depends on what you want to do - convert things between formats (??) or from file formats to "DVD format" to play in a standalone player that doesn't support Divx files etc.

I've had good luck with ConvertXtoDVD by VSO for converting to DVD format from AVIs, WMVs, MPEG, and recommend that.

For a probably better answer I highly recommend you go to either of these sites below, and their forums. There are a lot of "how to" guides for converting video formats as well as many many questions/answers/discussions on the forums.

VideoHelp.com - Forum, Guides, Tools and hardware lists
    VideoHelp.com Forum

AfterDawn.com
    AfterDawn.com: Forums

Comment

Originally posted by snowdog View Post
      I guess part of the answer depends on what you want to do - convert things between formats (??) or from file formats to "DVD format" to play in a standalone player that doesn't support Divx files etc.

I've had good luck with ConvertXtoDVD by VSO for converting to DVD format from AVIs, WMVs, MPEG, and recommend that.

For a probably better answer I highly recommend you go to either of these sites below, and their forums. There are a lot of "how to" guides for converting video formats as well as many many questions/answers/discussions on the forums.
      Great I will check out the links when i get a chance. I am wanting it just for file format converting. It would also be nice to have the ability to even rip from DVD to (specific file format). Of course this would be difficult with copy right movies, but those are not my attention anyway. Thanks again for the links.

Comment

google "ffmpegx"

Comment

Working...
        X
        =