Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus note...

Was on the Forestry Forum last night, clicked to some link, (can't remember what..) and of a sudden a window pops up claiming my computer has many infected files and needs to be scanned. Then the system showed a window with files being quickly presented...I immediately x'd the window. I ALWAYS use Mozilla, by the way. So, I have turned the system on twice since then and each time a message comes on saying Outlook Express can compress messages to conserve disk space. I don't use Outlook Express. What the heck might be going on?

I get that a few times I linked to sites. I immediately cancel the link by keying the X and X out any virus pc scan that automatically comes up. I exit firefox and reboot. usually avast stops the d/l right away. I do a virus scan with avast but nothing shows up. I have a program that monitors the registry called registry mechanic. it fixes anything that might be in the way.

Comment

Virus...

Thanks, Hayzee. I did all that except the registry mechanic. I feel better about it now.

Comment

WinAntivirus PRO and variants of it will popup fake infection screens and try to trick you into installing their software.

Just keep a decent AV program installed and updated so you can ignore any virus messages that don't come from your AV program.

The outlook express message is not virus related, ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =