Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mig & tig

Use kerosene as a lubricant and coolant with copper. It's best to use a drill press when reaming out holes in copper. remember the smaller the bit the faster the quill speed.
    I'll go searching out miller 175 hoods
    The thing you are looking for is called a "nozzle" The following url is for Miller parts.
    Shop a wide range of welding consumables from Miller, including filler metal, filler rod, contact tips, gas lenses and nozzles, MIG gun liners and more.
    Last edited by HayZee518; 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Yup, looks like they are calling it a nozzle. I tried using my drill press, it won't clamp down on the drill bit. My battery operated drill barely does. If I find a smaller bit than what I had, I might have to find something to turn it with.

I'll try the kerosene too.

Comment

bits

the bits from amazon have a one-eight inch shank, enough to chuck into a dremel chuck. the drill bit part are tiny and about a quarter inch long,
        go to amazon dot com and type into search "micro drill bits"
        look for part no. 554-004 or drop down to ad no 5 from the top and look there.
        Last edited by HayZee518; 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

OK, I ordered some.

I was mowing with the 6' deck Sunday and realized the two stabilizers that keep the deck centered behind the tractor were both broken. I knew they were bent, but broken? Both of them??? So I removed them both (all 4 pieces) and welded them back together with the Miller 175. It never missed a lick. I can almost say, that's the first time the wire hasn't stuck in the tip at least one time during a repair. It welded flawlessly. But I'm still going to try drilling the tip out. I do think it will make a Hugh difference.

Comment

Here is a forum I have belonged to for years. These guys live and breathe welding and can help you out with anything you need to know. All in all I still prefer my good old Lincoln AC DC 225 Arc welder for just about everything. No stinger to deal with and you can switch out electrodes in seconds unlike a mig gun. Too bad they don't make an arc welder that you can weld sheet metal with. One thing I sure do like about the mig though is it's great for filling the holes you burn in sheet metal with an arc welder.

Weld Talk Message Board and Online Forum - Hobart Welders

Comment

I have gotten pretty good at filling holes with my MIG. Since I put them there, it's only right that I fill them back up.

Comment

Hobart Welders Forum....

Hi,. Driz. I've been on that site for years also. Great people there as there are here. Lots of knowledge and lots of help...

Comment

Working...
                X
                =