Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydraulic jack assembly

While trying to drainn the fluid, these parts fell out. Anyone know where the spring and 2 balls go? It wasn't holding pressure. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	87639Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0393.jpg
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	87638Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	87640

Hydraulic jack....

Have you checked the brand name to see if there's a book with an exploded diagram of the parts? I would check the bottom of the hole to see what size the ball seat is. It should be obvious as to fit the larger or smaller of the check balls. Of coarse, the spring would would then follow suit. Larger end on larger check ball, smaller end on smaller check ball. Then comes the pressure adjusting screw. The one with the slot. Then comes the protective cap screw. I can take mine apart tomorrow to verify. What's good about that manual is that it would also tell you the number of turns needed on that check ball screw to achieve correct action. As for the leakage, is it slowly dropping the load or just not able to lift even an empty jack leg?

Comment

jack

the two balls and spring are a valve and check valve. the larger screw is the cap for the fill port.

Comment

The pressure drops fast. Both slotted screws were all the way in. The big spring end fits the end of the big screw. As for the balls I don't know. The small ball might go on the other end of the spring. There isn't any ID on the jack.

Comment

jack

the color of the jack seems to indicate a NORTHERN TOOL item or HARBOR FREIGHT. please check out exploded diagrams of either company online.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =