Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Moulding

I have just about completed the crown mouding in my house with the exception of two pieces. These two pieces are both at the end of the run. I have read many articles on the web regarding how these pieces need to be returned?? but I have not found the instructions easy to understand. Nor have I found any pictures which would help me visualize the cuts needed. If anyone knows of an available resource for me to use, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
    Jeff

Jeff, the crown to be returned is basically like any other cuts you made so far, with one exception:

Once you have mitred/bevelled the corner that meets the piece already installed on your wall (it will be a 90 degree angle), set your saw to 0 degrees on both mitre and bevel. Chop as close as possible to the wall side of the crown moulding creating a triangular piece. When this small piece is installed, it will seem as if it is protruding into the wall. You can glue the "flat" edge of the moulding onto the wall and onto the joint made with the crown already up there. It may take you a couple of tries to get this piece to meet both the wall and joint, but take care with your hands near that blade!! That's why it's a good idea to mitre/bevel the joint first then chop off to length to meet the wall.

A good site that I sometimes use is WWW.altereagle.com. They explain in great detail using pictures and text how to install crown and even some history on this wonderful accent to any home.

Good luck,

Craig

Comment

Working...
    X