Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe for a Curtain Rod

I am trying to come up with some ideas to create a large curtain rod for my front bow window. It's composed of 5 verticle windows, each one opens outwards (like a door). Basically, it is in the shape of half a pentagon.[}]

The previous owners had ugly individual panels on each window. And I want a continuous rod so I can hang drapes. I wanted to get one made out of iron, but it's really expensive (like $250+). Where as all I really need is a pipe that has 4 small bends in it.

pipe needs to be about 17 feet in length. The bends are no more than about 13 degrees each, so it's pretty flat. Any ideas of what type of pipe would be east to bend, yet strong enough to hold up curtains? The

I'd use softwalled copper. Gently scuff it and paint it whatever color you feel would be good. It's easy to bend at the points you need, and is not heavy at all. You could use the regular standoff brackets that are used for cafe curtains to hold it in place. Maybe two to a window. That soft walled stuff comes in rolls and is available I'm sure in at least 1/2" diameter, possibly larger. Bear in mind, the larger diameter means a bit harder to bend. But it still would be good. Use something like a 3" or 4" piece of PVC or a log or such to bend the pipe around. Make a gage template so all bends are the same.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =