Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw not feeding bar/chain lube

I have an 18" bar, 42 cc Craftsman chainsaw. I have owned it for about 7 years, and has performed quite well.

It does not appears to be feeding the chain oil to the bar and chain. I have cleaned the area's that it appears need to be cleaned, but to no avail.

Any help? I have to be missing something...

Chainsaw issue....

There's a great forum for chainsaws called Forestry Forum . There's a section there on chainsaws and lots of experts to help. (not that they don't exist on THIS Fabulous Forum!!)

Comment

i have one of abot the same age. 4 years after i got it the same thing happened. Sears had just closed the in house repair center here and wanted to ship it off for a month, so i just bought a new one and stuck the old one to the side. a few months back i decided to see if i could do anything with it.

here is what i found.

to remove the clutch you must use an impact. i think it is reverse threaded too! after you remove the clutch, the bar and chain, you remove the oiler. there is a small twist pump in there that on mine was clogged. a couple of gentle blows with teh compressed air and it works like the day i got it. now i have 2 chains saws to remember to crank and run periodically!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =