Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Solenoid Mayhem!

Okay, i finnaly got my 30" stroke, 2" bore pneumatic cylinder for my pocket door project, but now a new question has arrised. I was unable to get a single acting cylinder, but instead its a double acting. This isnt a bad thing, but I have no idea what type of solenoid to get for this... I'm using 3/8" air hose with a 6 gal 150psi max compressor. Does anyone know anything about solenoids? I have no idea where to get them or really where to start... Thanks!

The cylinder:
    Numatics Inc. - ISO/VDMA Series Metric Standard Interchangeable Cylinder

The door project:

go to mc master- carr site. look to page 442, solenoid 8077K11 - 120 volt ac. The valve is normally closed until energized, when its de-energized it will vent through the piston

Comment

i see

Thanks again for you help, my problem was understanding where the air releases to when the solenoid is closed. This particular one you show me will in fact allow air to pass though it and escape out of the cylinder once de-energized? (8077K11) and one last thing, how long will these things last being that the door is primarily shut most of the time, so this will be energized most of the time... i plan on installing an access pannel for future modifications/repairs. Thank you again!

Comment

door solenoid

this electrical diagram basically explains what happens when there is motion or non motion, also when there is loss of power. the door open is critical of the weight of the counterweight.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =