Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to fix a grill grating

I am looking to adjust the shape of a grill grating I recently bought.
    It is one of those adjustable ones that expands. This grill is in-ground. The side and back bars sit nicely on the rims of the inside of the grill. However, due to the bowing of the grill shape, the front bar of the grating doesn't sit well enough on the front rim. I'd like to make this one bar a little bit thicker in the center, and I'll be fine.

Is there a substance I can goop on the grating that would harden and survive high temperatures and also be non-toxic if food touched it?

Or is there a better solution? A more dynamic adjustable grill grating? A place where I can get a custom grill cover made?

any reputable weld shop that is certified can manufacture a grill. there's one site that goes by the name of Dave Walker that builds customized grill grating.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      any reputable weld shop that is certified can manufacture a grill. there's one site that goes by the name of Dave Walker that builds customized grill grating.
      Do you have a link for this site?

Comment

this is not walker's site but it looks promising. they do electro cutting of cast iron plates for grates.
        Custom Stainless Steel Cooking Surfaces for Your Grill Combine Patterns for Grilling Meat, Fish and Vegetables

Comment

Working...
        X
        =