Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ideas for Presenting Lesson

Hi,
    I am applying for a job as a coordinator for an adult learning center. Many of my students will be immigrants or other adults who need help with literacy skills. I was just told Friday (the interview is on Tuesday)that I have to teach a lesson (to the interviewing committee, as if I were teaching the adult basic education learners) on any topic I wanted. I wondered if anyone could suggest a simple home repair I could teach that would be new knowledge to most students and would not insult their intelligence. If I could find some pictures, I could make some transparencies before Tuesday. I've been out of work for 8 months, and I really need to find a job soon. Thank you to any of the good souls on this forum. I know when I posted a problem before about a stuck drain pop-up, I followed the instructions given on this forum and fixed the drain myself. My best to you all,
    Millay

Basic electricity is pretty simple, but something a lot of people don't understand. You could go through the steps of replacing a light fixture, highlight the safety tips, create a list of required tools and parts, etc. It is easy enough to teach to anyone, but misunderstood enough to be "something new."

What do you think? Anyone else have any ideas? Glad you have found the forum useful!

Try

Comment

Working...
    X
    =