Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Damage Restoration

I currently work for a company in southern california that does water damage restoration and we have been running into allot of plaster related problems. When water has soaked into the cavity in the walls the ideal method for removal is drilling small holes along where the base board was removed and running an injecta dry system into the the walls. 2 of the last 3 jobs I have went out on had plaster walls. Attempting to drill the walls left them crumbling apart and since the opening was now to big for the injecta dry it forced us to cut these walls. if I could figure out a drilling or poking method in which to drill into wet crumbling plaster then I would be able to suggest it to the company and save home owners the cost of new walls rather than new base boards
    Any suggestions are welcomed

Use a 'cover' plate or platten of maybe 12x12 or so (hard masonite?) with a hole the diameter of which you'd like. Then set your shop vac up against that hole. It should just suck out the wet plaster where that hole is. The platten would keep the surrounding area from damage.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =