Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering what size generator I will need for my home..

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering what size generator I will need for my home..

Hi everyone!

What size generator do I need for a house with 3 air conditioning units and 1 fridge?​

Hi!

To determine the right size generator for your house, you'll need to add up the power requirements of all the essential appliances you want to run simultaneously, including your 3 air conditioning units and fridge.

For your Air Conditioning units: Check the power rating on each unit. Air conditioners typically require between 1,000 to 4,000 watts each, depending on their size and efficiency. For accurate calculations, look for the specific wattage or amperage on the units’ labels.

For your Fridge: A standard refrigerator usually requires around 100 to 800 watts. Again, check the label for the exact requirement.

It’s a good idea to add a buffer (about 20-30%) to cover any additional start-up power surges and ensure the generator can handle the load comfortably.

Assuming each air conditioning unit requires 2,000 watts and your fridge needs 500 watts:

Total for 3 AC units: 3 x 2,000 watts = 6,000 watts
    Fridge: 500 watts
    Total power needed: 6,500 watts

Adding a 30% safety margin:

Safety margin: 6,500 watts x 0.30 = 1,950 watts

Total generator size: 6,500 watts + 1,950 watts = 8,450 watts

In this example, you’d need a generator with at least a 8,500 to 10,000-watt capacity to comfortably power your AC units and fridge, along with a bit of extra capacity for other needs.

Always consult with a professional to ensure you get a generator that meets your specific needs and complies with local codes and regulations.

I hope this explains in detail!

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =