Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

know of any funny home repair disaster stories?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really looks a mess...but to get justice I think you are taking on a lot of people ..as you are going to take 2 liable suits...and this could go on for a long time.....I am not a lawyer by any means but I think I would take a different line of attack...first I would get the building inspector in my corner rather than suing him..... as yes he screwed up but not as bad the the builders...he could give some ammunition to your suit rather than defending himself...I know it would be a hard pill to swallow ..but to get justice you need help and expertise....anyway it's just a thought good luck

Comment

Well the inspector the builder hired will be no help, found out through court records he has been sued mulitpal times and has had several judgements and leans on him and his property. one lean is in excess of 90k. From looking at the court records he has a history and has lost on all suits, so probably not a very reliable person to count on.

Comment

I agree that guy will be of no help...I was thinking of a case in which my son in law had a very large retaining wall built at the end of his property it was about 15 ft high...well after a few months the City came around behind his property and was dicking around with foot paths....the wall started to give way so my son in law took the city and the contractor that built the wall to court..as it looked like the contractor had not built the wall properly and the city did not help much with what they were doing...so the Judge first told the contractor to leave the court as there would be no judgement against him as it was between the city and my son in law....he lost the case and had to fit the bill to have the wall fixed....

hindsight..it would have been better to have approach the city and get them in your corner... then go after the contractor..as the citywould have had to give him an engineering report etc to show it was not them..as it was the contractors fault to begin with
        I thought this was along the same lines as your problem... again good luck

Comment

I should have a ton of these (but, don't.)

I have a Air Pressure activated Air Blower in my Spa. . . The tubing failed (after 10 years) so I went to the local pool company to get some. . . I thought it may be too short and it was. . . Went back and got the correct lenght after a few days because I took all they had the 1st time. I know not that funnie (or, not at all) but, the addage of measure-twice cut-once is always helpful to hear works.
          Mark
          Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
          Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Comment

One more thing. Tonight I was reading the first inspectors report, the first page of the report it has the release of liability for the inspector and his findings in the report seems like the standard release for a home inspector..... In fact I have 2 copies of the report one is in a soft cover booklet type format and also in a yellow carbonless copy format (you can see where it was removed from the booklet) as well as a CD format with PDF files and the photos he took.

Well he signed the release it has a space for me to sign it and date it as well....... but I did not sign the release from liability my signature line is blank! So now that may explain why his insurance company is taking so long to take any action.

It’s been a week since they called and said they were going to contact an independent adjuster to come out and review the damages and they were "going over the liability" they have.
            Last edited by ithurtswhenIvote; 02-06-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =