Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid dishwasher not rinsing

I have a model KUD125CHWH1 dishwasher....a few years old.
    It fills and drains ok but leaves particles on glassware on the upper rack.
    I have checked/cleaned all three sprayers (incl the wee one at the top).
    I am wondering if water flow is not adequate out of the lower sprayer into the delivery passages to the middle and upper sparayer but cannot tell.
    Is there any way of telling if the lower sprayer is operating well AND directing water up ok?
    Am I on the wrong track altogether?
    Is there something else to look for?
    Thanks!
    Affectionately, the Oldphart.

underneath the bottom rack and in the middle is the pump. inside this housing is a metal blade called the macerator. its function is to chop up food so water can flow down around and up through the spray heads. sometimes the impeller gets chopped up too. check this out.

Comment

Kitchenaid dishwasher leaves particles on glassware on the upper rack
      That might be caused by a buildup of crud inside the pump or any filters/strainers dirty.

It can also be caused by the dishwasher not draining properly. On your model a malfunctioning 'check valve' (on the pump that the drain hose attaches onto) can cause improper draining resulting in your condition as well.

LINK > KitchenAid KUDI25CHWH1 Pump Check Valve

I am wondering if water flow is not adequate out of the lower sprayer into the delivery passages to the middle
      Poor water flow to the top sprayer might also cause it. Leaking where the center sprayer attaches to the wash system at the rear might be about the only place that would normally occur. It might be leaking?

LINK > KitchenAid KUDI25CHWH1 Center Wash Arm Support

Is there any way of telling if the lower sprayer is operating well AND directing water up ok?
      Only by watching it in action which would be difficult to acheive.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Sounds like a flow issue. Is there a docking port that the top rack plugs into the back? On this port the seal can wear and leak (if there is one). Something to try is run CLR delimer every month or so to remove hard water deposits. I know these play havoc with our dishwasher.
        Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
        http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        =