Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Microwave Isn't Heating

I have a Frigidaire Gallery Professional Series FMT148GPB2 Microwave. Everything on it works except for the heat. It lights up, buttons beep, carousel rotates ... just no heat.

I watched an apartment maintenance person once repair a microwave. He removed a few screws, removed the front panel, pulled out something that looked like a circuitboard, and popped in a new one. Two minutes work, max.

I'm hoping that such a repair might be as easy on my unit? Maybe even just a fuse? (I know, wishful thinking.)

Also, if someone is able to post a miracle answer for me, perhaps you can suggest where I ought to buy whatever part I need.

Everything on it works except for the heat. Maybe even just a fuse?
    The only fuses should shut the whole unit down not just the heat.

I'm hoping that such a repair might be as easy on my unit?
    The repair might be easy depending on the cause. It is determining the cause that can be tricky. The problem could be in the control system or one of the heating components.

I don't usually recommend consumers attempt to repair microwave ovens on their own. Their capacitor can hold a charge even when unplugged which can present a safety issue. You might want to consider calling in (or taking it to) a professional.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Microwave

Yeah, I have been told the capacitor can hold a charge for years on a microwave. And even unplugged the charge can get you. Modern day microwaves are made to last about 2 - 3 years with frequent use. But on the flip side, a new mid-size unit may be purchased for as little as $50. So if this is some super-duper unit that you don't want to part with, have it repaired - and if it is an older unit that is built to last it might be worth it. Otherwise replacement might be a better option.

As mentioned, the fuse shuts everything (but the capacitor!) off.
      Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
      http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      =