Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help replacing howling fan in GE Monogram Refer

Can someone assist me in getting to this fan so I can replace it.

Weve had a Monogram ZFSB23 side-by-side Refer since Aug 2004
    Weve been hearing a howling sound intermittantly for the last 4 years but finally its starting to howl more consistantly even though it comes and goes with what we suspect is the control circuitry telling it to do so.

So we just ordered the evaporator fan (which from what I read seems like the most likely culprit).

Can someone assist me in getting to this fan so I can replace it.

I assume it's in the back of the Freezer section near the ice maker, since thats were the howling seem to be coming from.
    My only concern is that I dont see any screws holding this thing together.

Is it just a bunch of squeze and tweak metal/plastic panels which I need to manuver around?

thank you

Monogram ZFSB23 side-by-side Refer
    That model number is incomplete.

we just ordered the evaporator fan which from what I read seems like the most likely culprit
    On GE's electronically controlled refrigerator models the control circuit board is the most common cause of evaporator fan motor noises (see the previous thread on the subject).

Forum message > Update to howling noise from GE Profile Refrigerator

That part, if responsible, may be covered by GE. You might want to consider having an authorized GE service technician check it out.

Can someone assist me in getting to this fan so I can replace it. I assume it's in the back of the Freezer section near the ice maker, since thats were the howling seem to be coming from. My only concern is that I dont see any screws holding this thing together.
    Even if I had the complete model number I couldn't give you step by step instructions, sorry. GE might be able to supply a service manual for your model though. Check with them.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =