Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when pool heater running,BBQ cant get hotter than 325

I never really thought about this but it seems our pool heater draws so much gas that you cant really bbq with it running. I would have thought that you would judt get more gas out of the pipe but I guess there is a limit.

As a matter of fact you are correct, a standard line in a low pressure system will provide only so much gas. I had this case just this week on a whole house renovation project I'm working on, the client decided to add a Bosche instant water heater for the master bath along with a Thermador gas range, the existing 1/2" low pressure line (80' from tank) could only supply at a max. to the range 30,000 BTU's thing is it requires 60,000 BTU's, the solution we ended up with from the gas company was to install a pressure valve at each supplied location and one on the tank, this increased the pressure to 2psi and at 80' of line @1/2" we ended up with 5 times the required available gas at the range.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I lucked out this past winter. I have a propane tank outside that feeds a monitor heater and a gas range. one 3/8" copper feeds the heater and another 3/8" line feeds the range. they both are teed off a 3/8" feeder. any greater distance I would have to go with a 1/2" black pipe installation. my typical feed to both is about an 11 inch gas water column.

Comment

Swimming Pool Heater problem..

Yes, your pool heater is very similar to your house heater... we are a pool demolition company, and we remove many pool heaters. They need a lot of BTU's to heat your pool.... many pools are from 20,000 gallons to 30,000 gallons of water, and depending where you live, what the climate is, it may be quite the task. One solution may be to put the bbq on its own propane tank, or the pool heater. It would be the easiest solution. Good Luck! If anyone has any pool demolition or removal questions... please feel free to email us, and one of our professional staff will be happy to reply.. 360excavating@comcast.net, please put pool question in the memo. Thanks!

Comment

advice

mr demolition company - if you are going to help people ok but if you are offering help at a price - i.e. plugging your company for profit it is not welcome. in your reply please remove any reference to your business. if it's still there after four days - it will be deleted.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =