Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Kitchenaid KUDI01ILWH5

Hello,
    I have a Kitchenaid KUDI0ILWH5 that is leaking from under the front of the door.
    I have not run the washer in a long time (rental) and it seems to be pressing out of the small slats in the bottom of the door.
    I read a couple other posts about the pump housing and the screws, but not sure it applies to this model.
    I did turn the lower spray arm by hand (spin it) and it does not spin smooth, kind of wobbles, so not sure if that is normal.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I read a couple other posts about the pump housing and the screws, but not sure it applies to this model.
    No it doesn't. That model uses a totally different pump design.

I did turn the lower spray arm by hand (spin it) and it does not spin smooth, kind of wobbles, so not sure if that is normal.
    I don't know how you spun it but that doesn't sound like normal operation. It may be worn which if hampering its movement during wash, might lead to leaks out the base of the door.

LINK > KitchenAid KUDI01ILWH5 Lower Wash Arm

LINK > KUDI01ILWH5 Lower Wash Arm Hub

It may also be possible for a leak from inside the door to be dripping down and only appear to be from between the tub and door. Looking for traces of leaks inside the door might be needed to discount that possibility.

Was there any signs of sudsing in the leaking water? Sudsing can also cause a dishwasher to leak out the door.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I looked at the unit a bit this morning and when I hand spin the lower wash arm, it wobbles significantly. I am not sure if it is designed to lift up about 1/2" when it is cycling but the whole arm can be lifted and wash arm mount lift up a bit...not sure if this is normal or if possibly a bearing/sleeve is missing that would lock it down a bit more.
      If I can't get it sorted, I guess I will throw in the towel and have some one come a look at it.

I ran the system and the water is flowing out of some small gaps in the lower portion of the door area. it is a pretty steady flow.
      No suds in the system, ran it without any detergent and an empty unit.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =