Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Fridge...Cannot control amount of ice!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Fridge...Cannot control amount of ice!

Have GE Fridge, GSH 25 JFTA BB. Is there any way to control the amount of ice it makes? Always get too much ice, so that I have to pull out the container and dump it off the deck. If there was an attachment to the paddle in the back that controls the level (only full) so that it would make less ice, like half full, that would be nifty. Why is it these boxes work fine...it's only the bloody door attachments that drive you nuts! Of course, I could resort to drinking gin on the rocks all day and night. But that really wouldn't sholve anything.

Allan Buttrick
    Torrington, CT

If there was an attachment to the paddle in the back that controls the level (only full) so that it would make less ice, like half full, that would be nifty.
    I've never heard of such an attachment for that style of ice maker, no. You might have to make something? if you don't use the dispenser you might be able to install a different bucket, maybe a shallower one.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Kind of thought I'd have to resort to something of my own design. Thanks anyways for your response.
      Allan

Comment

You could check with GE or one of their service centers to be sure.

If you need to fabricate something, maybe a section of a juice jug would fit over the ice feeler arm and sense a lower ice level?

Just a thought.

Dan O.

Comment

That has been a known problem for years with GE fridges. It is a design problem. For many refrigerators, GE came out with a modified paddle but it did not work in my freezer. In my model, the result is that the bucket overfills slightly resulting in a bunch of ice cubes dumping on the floor if you slide it out as they can't pass under the bar in front.

You might check with GE and see if they have a modified paddle that they will provide at no cost.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =