Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool SXS 2309541 fridge not cooling, freezer does though

I have a 3 year old Whirlpool S by S and the freezer cools but the refrigerator has not been cooling at all. I just turned it off, cleaned the coils (weren't very bad) cleaned the entire thing out there was little if any frost on the grid in the freezer. I'm surprised the freezer could be working and the fridge part not so it makes me think something strange is going on. I've searched for ideas on what I can do and there was something about the fan could be locked up but I can't find the fan anywhere and I don't see anything about the fan in my manual. Anyone able to help? I thought refrigerators were built to last :-( Any guidance would be appreciated.

they do and quite frankly I wonder how they last! the freezer works. the freezer is the "guts" of the unit. if the freezer didn't cool, nothing else would cool too. check the many paths the cooled air can travel. a combination of air paths and mullion heaters determine what will chill down to what value(s).

Comment

Model number?

Whirlpool SXS 2309541
      That number looks to be the part number of a manual not the appliance's model number which is what we need to identify the appliance in question. Please post that information so we can at least look it up to see how your fridge was designed.

there was little if any frost on the grid in the freezer.
      What 'grid' are you referring to? Inspection of the actual evaporator coil in the freezer compartment is what is likely necessary.

Link > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

there was something about the fan could be locked up but I can't find the fan anywhere
      There has to be at least one very near the evaporator coil.

JFYI

Dan O.
      Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
      X
      =