Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid Defrost Thermostat

I have a KitchenAid KSRS25F refrigerator. It works, but thermostat on freezer side is all the way over. I took back panel off and coils were frosted. I was advised (elsewere) that the defrost timer board needed to be replaced.

I purchased replacement, and it seemed to freeze up worse; I put the old part back in. I contacted supplier and he advised that I needed a defrost thermostat his part #1wr50x1229($33). On his picture there is a part # 4387503 (on ebay from same vendor ($13))and they look identical

I went on 3 different websites looking for the proper part #, only to find everyone has a different #. (2999920, 2161331, 2321799) So, what's up with that? Will any 2 wire thermostat with a 5/8" clip that opens at 48 degrees work, or are there actually nuances I am unaware of??

Trying to save a nickel if I can, but don't want to do something stupid.

Thx

Model number incomplete

KitchenAid KSRS25F refrigerator
    That model number is incomplete. We'd need the whole thing as only found right on the appliance's model and serial number identification tag to look it up.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

I contacted supplier and he advised that I needed a defrost thermostat
    No one can tell you what part is required without actual testing. You can read how parts of the defrost system can be teased at the following link:

LINK > How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

It is KSRB25FHSS01. I thought the rest were just trim #'s. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by mgreenb561
        It is KSRB25FHSS01. I thought the rest were just trim #'s.
        All parts of a model number are important and tell something about the appliance in question. What you posted is just the base model and just describes the very basics of the model; style, size, etc. Not even the model year. It's like saying you have a Chevy Corsica but that doesn't tell what size engine, what year, tires, brakes, etc., it has which would be important to know if you were looking for something specific for it.

Complete information should be supplied unless you know for a fact that it wasn't needed. It saves time and wouldn't hurt even if it wasn't necessary.

The current defrost limit thermostat for your model is # 2321799. It supersedes #'s 2319914, 2315504, 2188824, 2176066, 2196155, 2266066, 2149849, 2266067, 2317087, 4387498, 2161331 and 2321802. Any of those originals could be used on it without problems.

LINK > Whirlpool 2321799 Defrost Limit Thermostat

Will any 2 wire thermostat with a 5/8" clip that opens at 48 degrees work
        I do not know the specifications of that particular thermostat, neither cut-out nor cut-in. As long as a replacement had the same cut-out specification it should insure a total defrost without overheating. A different cut-in calibration could alter the fridge's cooling slightly although possibly not noticeably so.

JFYI

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site
        Last edited by Dan O.; 08-30-2011, 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
        X
        =