Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid dishwasher leaking from door

Hi everyone,

brand new Kitchenaid KUDC10FXSS. wife coming home tomorrow from trip and hoped to have it hooked up as a surprise. tight fit, but otherwise easy install. water leaking under the door like a sieve. lower spray arm wobbles quite a bit up and down. i disassembled and reassembled it. still wobbles.

spray arm has no fractures or cracks i can see. i'm really frustrated because this is the second dishwasher i've bought in a week. first one, a whirlpool wouldn't fit.

i tried seeing if i could get to a pump housing to see if it had loose screws. couldn't find it. went all the way down to the chopper assembly but no pump housing.

i'm wondering if i should have bought a kitchen aid.

brand new Kitchenaid KUDC10FXSS. tight fit, but otherwise easy install.
    I don't know why a new dishwasher would leak out the door. It might not be level front to back or it could be overfilling. If you had to wedge it in, that might be distorting the tub creating a leak??

tried seeing if i could get to a pump housing to see if it had loose screws
    It is the pump cover/spray arm support which can cause leaks out the door when loose but doesn't apply to your particular dishwasher design. That is mainly a problem on older KitcenAid dishwasher models which use the Whirlpool pump mechanism.

If you think it is a problem with the dishwasher rather than the installation you may need to call for service and have it checked out under warranty.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

thank you Dan. I checked the level and both ways it was fine. they are bringing out a replacement tomorrow. interesting what you said about over filling. what would cause that? the float not working?

Comment

interesting what you said about over filling. what would cause that? the float not working?
        Most dishwashers fill by time. Overfilling would have to be due to a defective water fill valve because if the control was powering the water valve too long (ie. a defective control), the float should stop it before overflowing. That is what the float is for, overfill protection.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Well, FYI. Best Buy sent me a brand new replacement. I was meticulous in the installation. Like say, I've done a bunch and installation is not the issue. The last one was tight so i lowered the new one 1/4 inch and it slid in like a hot knife into butter.

The second one leaks just like the first. However, I ran all the cycles and it only leaks on the one hour wash. Book says the water output is higher on that cycle. Leaks more with the soap dispenser open, but still leaks with it closed.

Also, with the second dishwasher I did a load or two. Cleaning of dishes is adequate. still some food left on a few items, but better than the old Maytag w/o water heating feature.

I'm switching to the new Maytag JetClean that Consumer Search recommends. Hopefully it will be an improvement and won't leak.

thank you for your help Dan.
          Last edited by Ricker; 10-04-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =