Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Ice maker won't fill with water

Refrigerator model 25374722408, Ice Maker AS-17, factory installed won't fill with water. The copper line leading to the refrigerator has been tested and water flows freely from the line.

This refrigerator has never been used, it was purchased in 2009 when starting a remodel but left in storage when funds ran out. Now when installed, the ice maker will not fill with water.

Please give any clues possible to help me find the problem. Sears won't give advice. Warranty expired because purchase date exceeds one year.

I'm afraid if the ice maker doesn't fill with water and the arm is lowered inadvertently to make ice the appliance will catch fire and burn down the building. Is that possible?

the ice maker will not fill with water. Please give any clues possible to help me find the problem.
    How cold is the freezer? It and the icemaker must be below 0 deg. F for it to operate.

If the icemaker is definitely cold enough, manually filling the ice mold with water to see if the icemaker at least goes through the cycle could be tried.

I'm afraid if the ice maker doesn't fill with water and the arm is lowered inadvertently to make ice the appliance will catch fire and burn down the building
    There is slim to no chance of that occurring.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
    X
    =