Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire front loader

I have a frigidaire front loader washing machine. The other day while doing wash one of the support springs broke. I have replaced this as I have done before. Now the washer fills, immediately pumps the water out, does not spin, and goes through entire cycle in about 3 minutes.
    I looked online and found if washer pumps but does not spin it could be the door latch. I also found online it could be a bad timer to cycle through that quickly. I do not want to spend all this money on a new timer and door latch if it something else.
    it almost seems as though there is a short somewhere that is telling the timer to advance and not spin. HELP!!

Model number?

I have a frigidaire front loader washing machine
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Now the washer fills, immediately pumps the water out, does not spin
    If it sensed too much water in the machine or it taking too long to fill, the control might think there was a flooding potential and drain immediately. Make sure nothing happened to the air supply tubes leading to the water level control(s).

Other than that there isn't a lot I can suggest without knowing which machine is involved.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Hey Thanks for the response. The model is a GLTF1670AS0. Tonight I took the drum drive motor out and found a fraid wire from when the spring broke and slammed the motor onto the bottom and continued to spin. I fixed that by taking the motor housing off and repairing it. Put the motor back in and still the same thing. Set the cycle and it fills, then pumps, then fills, then pumps, and the cycle is over within minutes. Could the fraid wire have caused a short frying the timer? Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =