Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid smooth top range

My control panel on my stove recently stopped working, and obviously my oven too. The burners work fine but not sure where to start with troubleshooting. I tried powering off from breaker to reset but no change. The only recent event was a pot boil-over that may have caused a short. How would I know if it is the display, control panel, fuses??? the model is kitchenaid kesc300hbl8.

My control panel on my stove recently stopped working
    What exactly isn't working about it? The display not lighting up or something else?

How would I know if it is the display, control panel, fuses?
    I don't know if there are any fuses for the control itself, there isn't usually. Someone would need to check the appliance's wiring diagram to be sure. I don't have access to it.

I don't know how to determine which of those other components might be at fault. Most electronic controls are just one integrated unit. If power was getting to it but it not functioning, the control would be assumed to be defective. By the looks of those components for your model, it appears the relay board powers the display so if just the display isn't functioning there might be a problem with the transformer on the relay board (requiring the relay board to be relplaced). There might be a slim chance of just a loose wiring connection between them.

LINK > KESC300HBL8 Relay/Transformer Board

LINK > KESC300HBL8 Display Board

There may be some test procedures listed in the 'tech sheet' that should accompany the unit's wiring diagram. On newer ranges that is often in the drawer area or rolled up inside the control console.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
    X
    =