Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jenn air svd48600b grill fan doesn't work

Our 10 year old jenn air has a fan in the middle of the back wall in the oven which needs to operate in broil mode. It doesn't. How can I troubleshoot to tell whether I need a relay board or the fan itself or something else? I have a decent multimeter and have the back exposed. thanks!
    Last edited by ramier; 12-01-2011, 02:59 PM.

Are you referring to the exhaust fan as opposed to the convection or cooling fans?

And by "broil" are you referring to using the oven or the grill element on top??

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Last edited by Dan O.; 12-01-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

It's the broil fan not the grill fan. my bad. And yes, it's has always worked perfectly, ie. when broiling the fan comes on... and now it doesn't. Elements have never been replaced. It's been a great jenn air until now.

Comment

It's the convection fan in the middle of the back of the oven. Downdraft exhaust fan works great. As does the little cooling fan.

Comment

follow your wiring diagram with your meter set on voltage. one side will be neutral the other side will be 120 volts "hot" - the hot will go through thermostats, limit switches etc and finally the fan motor itself. if you have voltage at the motor but it ain't spinning, look for cracked wires, loose wires or take the fan out completely and look for burnt windings. this will necessitate replacement of the fan motor.

Comment

Convection fan observation needed.

Originally posted by ramier
            It's the convection fan in the middle of the back of the oven... And yes, it's has always worked perfectly, ie. when broiling the fan comes on... and now it doesn't.
            Will the convection fan run when set to convection?

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

Comment

Amazing... A christmas miracle we needed. Yes, the fan works in the convection mode, but get this it now works in broil too... We had put it into clean mode for 3 hours this afternoon and voila voici all three fans and the oven work like new........... thanks

Comment

Glad to hear it. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Dan O.
                Appliance411.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                =