Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking hose

the make is whirlpool and the model number is lce4332pq0

the hose that goes from the sink to the machine is leaking at the metal park connected to the machine. I don't know how to remove this and put it back. I don't have money for a repair man so I am in need of your help. thanks so much.

leaking at the metal park connected to the machine
    Are you referring to the hose connector? (see the image below)

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 02-12-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

hose

that is correct.. thanks

Comment

check to see if there is a strainer washer as pictured above. if there isn't a standard garden hose rubber washer will work.

Comment

hose

I don't mean to sound stupid here. How do I check for this item? I was trying to turn it to see if it will get loose and it would not. so,I am afraid to break it. Thanks so much

Comment

the washer , if its there, will be inside the knurled brass part of the hose connection. with your index finger and thumb [encircle the fitting] , rotate the knurled part counter clockwise to remove it and look inside. no washer there, put one in. if its real tight use a channel lock plier in the counter clock wise direction. the threaded part may be made of brass or a plastic. just be careful.

Comment

hose

thanks so very much. this is a great site for help. have a great day.

Comment

Don't over tighten!

That hose screws on/off and actually has the same thread as a garden hose. The rubber washer underneath may have hardened with age. You can try replacing it with a regular garden hose washer or a washer/strainer like pictured. If it continues to leak between the hose and the hose end, the whole hose assembly may need to be replaced to correct the condition.

When reinstalling the hose don't over tighten it! The hose usually screws onto a plastic water valve and it could break if too much pressure is used tightening it.

JMO

Dan O.
                Appliance411.com
                The Appliance Information Site
                =D~~~~~~

Comment

thanks

I can't believe this was just a washer problem. I could have had to throw out my machine because I could not afford to repair this. washer cost me less than $2 and I am so glad I found this site. thanks

Comment

Fixed!

Glad to hear you found the problem. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =