Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Ice Maker

My Kenmore 106.56532400 Ice Maker stopped making ice. I have tested the dual water valve and it woks fine. I wanted to try and manually cycle the ice maker, but can't get it out. I removed the wire shield, then pushed up on the retaining clip on the left side (there is no retaining clip on the right side). The unit slides forward about two inches and then stops. I'm hesitant to force it further, fearing that I would break it or the slide rails.

Do i really need to remove it to manually cycle it? If so, how do I get it to slide out?

Do i really need to remove it to manually cycle it?
    If you can get the cover off the icemaker without removing it, no. If not than yes. You can read about testing the style of icemaker used in your fridge at the following link.

LINK > Whirlpool 'Modular' Crescent-Mold Icemaker

how do I get it to slide out?
    I'm not sure. There is a wiring harness that will need to be disconnected at some point.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Kenmore Icemaker won't fill

Ice maker will not fill with water. I've checked the water line and water valve, both seem to be in working order. I completed a several manual cycles of the ice maker and although it runs the water fill cycle never happens. I've also checked the temperature of the freezer and that appears to be fine.

What now?

Comment

I've checked the water line
        You checked the water line from the water valve to the icemaker??

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =