Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to store maytag washers?

Is there something that needs to be poured in the barrel as a lube if a 30 year old washer sits for 6 months? I think is is a 219LA or close to it.

The two other ones you guys tried to help fix will be used for parts.

We just got this one and it is really clean behind the panel.

thank you.

I think it is a 219LA or close to it
    I don't know what that is.

Washing machines aren't designed to be stored as bearings can seize from nonuse and seals dry out. I don't know any way to prevent that besides use. There is nothing I know designed to prevent it so you're taking your chances. The main thing would usually be just making sure all water was removed from the machine if it was going to be subjected to freezing temperatures or displace any water that can't be removed with RV antifreeze.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The other one we had was rusty behind the panel and always started before but not this year. This other one might be ok, very clean and taken care of. Thanks.

Originally posted by Dan O. View Post
      I don't know what that is.

Washing machines aren't designed to be stored as bearings can seize from nonuse and seals dry out. I don't know any way to prevent that besides use. There is nothing I know designed to prevent it so you're taking your chances. The main thing would usually be just making sure all water was removed from the machine if it was going to be subjected to freezing temperatures or displace any water that can't be removed with RV antifreeze.

JMO

Dan O.
      Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X
      =