Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Dishwasher Help

Have a used Jenn Air dishwasher that the inlet water valve solenoid will not let water in.
    I have hooked solenoid up directly to 120 v and it works perfect but on the dishwasher it will not open. I hooked a volt meter up to the leads going to the solenoid and ran timer knob thru all of the cycle and I never get voltage above 50-55 ac volts. Everything else works perfect but not the solenoid. Any suggestions? Appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    JRH

Model number?

Jenn Air dishwasher
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Generally speaking, the things that can prevent power from getting to the water fill valve of a dishwasher are a problem with the float and/or float switch, a problem with the control not switching power to the water valve circuit or a problem with the wiring between the control and the valve. Wiring problems can include a loose connection(s) or a break in the wiring itself (although rare).

A common place for such a break to occur is where the wiring harness flexes as the door is opened and closed. The wire can break inside the insulation and still appear to be good. Only a continuity test of each wire from end to end can detect such a failure so the other possibilities should be ruled out first.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 08-29-2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Is your problem solved?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =