Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile Lower Oven does not heat up enough

Hi,I have a GE Profile JGB918BEK4BB which is a gas stove and main oven and also has a lower oven which is electric and is in place of the warming drawer.This lower oven should be able to hit 450 degrees but I've noticed it doesn't even hit 300. I put in a thermometer to test it. I didn't look back when the oven was working whether or not the elements became red or not, but they don't now.I have tested the continuity in both elements and the upper one reads 35 ohms where the bottom reads 18 ohms. There are 120 volts coming out of each of the plugs for the elements.I was unable to get access to the thermostat because I couldn't get the side panel off.The lights will go on when I turn on the lower oven but if I have the temp over 300, the "heating" light never goes out to indicate it has reached that temperature.Any thoughts on what may be the problem?Thanks!

I haven't worked on a GE dual fuel range and don't have access to its wiring diagram so I am not exactly sure how they're designed.

Does it only plug into a normal 120 volt wall outlet rather than the usual electric range's 240 volt outlet?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =