Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile model PFS22SIBSS temp lights and freezer problems

Hello to all,

The unit is making an occasional faint clicking noise which I suspect may be an indication of something.
    The Ice used to have a frosted look/feel to it and now is clear and sometimes wet.
    For years the control panel has only been lit on rare occasions so I can't easily change the temp settings but it came on the other day and I made sure they were set to the recommended 0 degrees f for the freezer and 37f for the fridge.
    I removed the rear grill and vacuumed out the space (not much to vacuum though). I could move the fan easily by hand so it's not bound up.

GE Profile model PFS22SIBSS
    The closest model I found a listing for was PFS22SISBSS. Please double check it.

The Ice used to have a frosted look/feel to it and now is clear and sometimes wet.
    I don't know how it could be wet unless the freezer temp went above freezing.

The unit is making an occasional faint clicking noise which I suspect may be an indication of something.
    If you can isolate exactly where that sound is originating from on the appliance we might be able suggest the possible cause. The main control board at the back has relays on it which might give a slightly audible sound when activated or deactivated. Depending on exactly what was occurring with the appliance at the time, such a sound could be normal.

the control panel has only been lit on rare occasions
    There might be a loose wiring connection or a problem in the display circuit board or the main control board on the back of the fridge.

GE electronically controlled refrigerators like you have can be tricky to diagnose. You might need to call in a professional to look into it for you. I would recommend a GE *factory authorized* service depot as they would be most familiar with the odd problems they can experience.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =