Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse trouble Maytag performa PYE2000AYW

I have a Maytag Performa pye2000aywDryer. A couple of months back the power went out on it. I replaced the Thermal Fuse (LA-1053). A couple of days ago the power went out on it again. I checked the fuse and it is bad again. Could it be just a faulty fuse or could there be some other reason, this thing ran for months before it happened again. If it could be something else, where should I look for the culprit???
    Thanks,
    Chris

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying the house power completely went out? If you are getting power surges while the machine is running there is a good possibility of this problem.

Comment

No, it's just the power on the dryer. I guess the way I wrote this it could be confusing.
      I tested the fuse and it was blown. I asked at the parts house because it didn't make sense for it to work for months and then blow again, if it is a short anyway. They told me lint build up is notorious for causing this. I didn't think I had a lint build up problem but I discovered there was a place I hadn't been checking. The lint trap is at the bottom of the door. There is a housing for the lint trap that kind of funnels down to where the fan is to draw the air out of the vent. Well a ton of lint had collected in this housing (after the trap) so since the airflow was down to nothing, it caused the fuse to blow. This is my theory anyway and unless someone has a better idea or the fuse blows again, I'm sticking with it.
      jokerboy

Comment

Jokerboy: By now have you cleaned area? How did you make out?

Comment

Volts,
          Yes. I have cleaned out all the lint and it is still working great.

quote:Originally posted by volts

Jokerboy: By now have you cleaned area? How did you make out?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =