Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with my Refrigerator

I have a two door GE Refrigerator Model# PSS26MSWCSS Serial # AR432063
    it was buzzing for about a month but working fine. Today I went to open it and everything in the freezer was
    melted. It's no longer cooling. Anyone have an idea what it can be so I can repair it right away.
    I'm unable to read the temperature because the cables underneath got stripped on a move last year
    and I never fixed it. Since the Fridge worked fine and the cooling was the same I did not bothered with
    the cables.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GE Refrigerator Model# PSS26MSWCSS
    That is one of GE's electronically controlled models (besides just the digital readout). They can have some unique problems.

It's no longer cooling.
    There are quite a few things that could cause that symptom. You can read about the most common ones at the following link. One of the most important observations is likely whether the compressor and fans are running when the fridge should be cooling.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

it was buzzing for about a month but working fine.
    Buzzing from there exactly?

LINK > My refrigerator is making strange sounds. What is wrong with it? (refrigerator component explanations)

A little investigation is going to be required to determine the cause of your problem. There is no simple answer to give you I'm afraid. If you can provide us enough details we'll try to help you through it.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 04-28-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your help.. I had no internet for a while so I was not able to get back to check the post.
      Any how, the fan is working, the compressor too, it's just not cooling. So I called a repair man who said well
      it needs freeon. For $60 he put freeon after 3 days back to normal temperature. I called the service guy again
      and he said without testing anything it's my board and controllers. I said okay, show me how you tested it? because I'm standing right in front of you
      and all you did its touch the water bottle and said the back is cooling but it's not cooling everything. Well.. I could of told you that!.
      He said just buy a new refrigerator and left!.. so I suppose I'm on the right track, learning to diagnose and fix my own problem seems I must do had a premonition
      there is no honest repair men out in this part of the world.

Comment

fridge

that guy was a total jerk. how did the freon leak out? a refrigeration system is a closed loop! as for the wires look into repairclinic dot com for your fridge and the wiring harness.

Comment

there is no honest repair men out in this part of the world.
          I'm sorry for your experience. Often the cheapest rate isn't always the best. You can read about the choices available for appliance service and the pros and cons of each, at the following link.

LINK > Home Service : Technician Pros and Cons

IMO you should call a GE *factory authorized* service depot.

JMO

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you for the website, I will look into fixing the wires my self..
            I will keep you posted in case someones else runs into the same problem.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =