Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore Elite Dishwasher No Hot Water and No Hot Drying

Guys and Gals,

I have been looking all over the web and can't find an answer for what's going on with our dishwasher. We have a Kenmore Elite Model #66513182K802 and it has problem with having hot water and drying. The dishwasher runs but it only has luke warm water and I when I open it during a cycle it is barely putting off any heat. The dishes are barely warm at all when the cycle is done. I don't know too much about dishwasher repair because it can be a number of things and I don't want to buy replacement parts that it doesn't need. I have been good about cleaning the filters and running a dishwasher cleaner here and there to keep up with the simple maintenance. Any assistance with my dishwasher would be appreciated.

On which cycle(s)?

The dishwasher runs but it only has luke warm water
    The dishwasher should be connected to a hot water line and receive 120-140 deg. F water from the start. You should run a nearby sink tap until the water runs hot before starting the dishwasher. Starting a dishwasher without first running the tap usually causes only luke warm water to enter the machine.

when I open it during a cycle it is barely putting off any heat
    Depending on the cycle selected the heater may boost the water temperature and be on to aid in drying. Consult the owner's manual for which cycles are heater aided. The Sani cycle should for sure.

If the dishwasher's heater is not coming on during any cycle, there may be a problem with the heater element, a thermostat or the electronic control. You can see the element for your model and how to test it at the following link. It will be the easiest thing to test for such a condition.

LINK > Kenmore 665.13182K802 Heater Element

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Dan,

The dishwasher does not produce hot water or heat during any of the cycles (washing or drying). It would be my guess that it would be the heating element and I'll have to pick up a voltage meter/tester to find out. We bought it brand new and I remember it working fine for the last 3 years and it produced heat during the wash and drying cycles. I remember one of the drying cycles being so hot the glass cups and plates would be too hot to pick up when the "blue" light would turn on. Thanks for the response.

Comment

I replaced the thermostat and that seems to be the issue. However, now when a cycle is complete there is a repeating clicking noise when it's done. The sound is coming from the door. Any ideas what I can be now?

Comment

However, now when a cycle is complete there is a repeating clicking noise when it's done. The sound is coming from the door. Any ideas what I can be now?
          The only things inside the door i can think of that might make a clicking sound is maybe the dispenser or air vent mechanism open or closing... or trying to. After the cycle I think only be the vent mechanism (see the following link) might be active.

LINK > Air Vent Asm.

JMO

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =