Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove and disconnect ice cube maker from FRT22INLCH1

Ice inside freezer door on a Frigidaire top freezer model purchased in '01. Water is leaking from ice-cube maker? Disonnect remove the ice-cube maker? Can this be done simply by removing the whole i-cube unit & disconneciting the water supply tube? If so does this jeoprodize anything else? Of course requiring return to the days of using plastic ice trays.

Ice on the door????

Frigidaire top freezer model [FRT22INLCH1]
    You may have transposed some of the letters from the model number. The closest model I found was FRT22INLHC1

Ice inside freezer door
    Is it clear "ice" or white snow-like "frost"? It is an important distinction.

Water is leaking from ice-cube maker?
    If it is clear "ice", the only places water to freeze should come from is the icemaker although if the icemaker was leaking I would expect ice to form beneath it, not on the door. The defrost water backing up might also pool in the freezer compartment but also on the floor, not on the door. I guess water could splash onto the door from the icemaker but I've never heard of such a case myself.

Disonnect remove the ice-cube maker? Can this be done simply by removing the whole i-cube unit & disconneciting the water supply tube?
    No water should flow to the icemaker just by turning it off. The icemaker could also be totally removed from the refrigerator but the water fill tube would usually be left in place.

If so does this jeoprodize anything else?
    Removing (or just turning off) the icemaker should not affect operation of the refrigerator. Removing the icemaker fill tube could allow warm, moist room air into the freezer compartment which could lead to excessive frosting and temperature problems.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Ice in door of freezer Frigidaire FRT22INLHC1 thanks

Thanks so much. Your advice gives valuable input /perspectives. After defrosting freezer all day we will reconnect all systems. Hopefully we have jarred loose any blocks to tubes, hoses, mechanisms. Presently will leave ice cu maker in place.

Freezer door contained large amount of what appears to be ice but coulda' been frost. Have replaced freezer door rubber lining already. Sadly air leeks from somewhere, getting into door somehow, seems so odd though.

Embarrassingly this fridge runs 24/7 never shuts down so plenty of opportunity for other systems to freeze or clog. Can't find place where defrost timer AP2111929 is placed.

regards,
      Bill B.

Comment

Freezer door contained large amount of what appears to be ice but coulda' been frost.
        If moisture has gotten into the insulation of the freezer door, the door will likely have to be disassembled and the insulation thoroughly dried or replace. Just defrosting the refrigerator is unlikely to solve the problem. Moisture could get into the door itself if there was a crack in the plastic door liner. I don't know any other way. (BTW a defect in the door seal shouldn't cause that.)

Can't find place where defrost timer is placed.
        The defrost timer on that model looks to be mounted at the base of the refrigerator behind the kickplate. It however is only responsible for defrosting the evaporator (cooling) coil itself. It doesn't affect any other area of the refrigerator.

this fridge runs 24/7 never shuts down
        Is it freezing food? If it runs without ever shutting down it should be freezing food or else it is not cooling properly. Someone might want to look into why.

JFYI

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =