Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore refrigerator model no. - 25369842890 not cooling

I can feel cold air blowing in the freezer section vents but I dont feel any air in refrigerator vents..
    When I check through fingers ...I dont feel or see any frost build up or any other obstruction...

I cleaned condenser coil and evaporator coil both...evaporator fan is working properly..

is it possible that there is frost build up which is blocking air from freezer section to refrigerator and I cant see that frost?

is it possible that there is frost build up which is blocking air from freezer section to refrigerator?
    On a top-freezer refrigerator model like yours appears to be that scenario is a lot less likely than on a SxS model. About the only time that might occur on a top-freezer model is if the defrost water drain backed up creating an ice blockage in the base of the freezer compartment. That ice would usually be visible in the freezer in a very short time.

If the freezer fan is operating at full speed, I would suggest someone inspect the evaporator (cooling) coil for signs of a defrost or refrigeration system problem (see the following link).

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I checked evaporator coils and condenser coils

Originally posted by Dan O. View Post
      On a top-freezer refrigerator model like yours appears to be that scenario is a lot less likely than on a SxS model. About the only time that might occur on a top-freezer model is if the defrost water drain backed up creating an ice blockage in the base of the freezer compartment. That ice would usually be visible in the freezer in a very short time.

If the freezer fan is operating at full speed, I would suggest someone inspect the evaporator (cooling) coil for signs of a defrost or refrigeration system problem (see the following link).

Thanks,
      I did check both condenser and evaporator coils..no frost or ice.....
      You are right there is a possibility of blockage of defrost water drain and how do I check that?
      are you talking about a white pipe that goes from refrigerator section to a pan that is above compressor on back ?

I checked base of evaporator coils ..there was no water or blockage there...I checked vent going from freezer to refrigerator section ..no blockage..

please advice...

Thanks,
      You are right there is a possibility of blockage of defrost water drain and how do I check that?
      are you talking about a white pipe that goes from refrigerator section to a pan that is above compressor on back ?

I checked base of evaporator coils ..there was no water or blockage there...I checked vent going from freezer to refrigerator section ..no blockage..

please advice...

Comment

The evaporator coil should frost and then periodically defrost

The condenser coils get warm during operation.

The evaporator coils should frost while the compressor is running. That is where all cooling for the whole refrigerator takes place. Unless you inspected it immediately after a defrost, there should be frost on the evaporator.

If the defrost water dain was plugged ice would likely be forming on the floor of the freezer. Is there any sign of ice there?

are you talking about a white pipe that goes from refrigerator section to a pan that is above compressor on back?
        That is part of it. The defrost water drain starts right below the evaporator coil in the freezer. That is where an ice blockage would be seen if there was one.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =