Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaporator tray

I have a KitchenAid fridge model #KSCS23FVSs01 that needs an evaporator tray replaced. How do i get it out...from the front or back and what else do i need to do?

needs an evaporator tray replaced.
    Do you mean the condensate pan under the fridge?

LINK > KitchenAid KSCS23FVSS01 Condensate Pan

If so, I haven't needed to myself but found these descriptions online:

How does a person clean out the condensation pan on this refrigerator? It is not very accessible.

In order to get the drain pan out to clean it you will need to pull the unit out and turn off water and disconnect the power. Then remove the kickplate and take out the water filter housing. Once the filter housing is out you will need to make sure that the tape on the drain pan is removed in front and back and you can pull the part out from the front.
    the only way I was able to gain access to the drip pan was to completely remove the water filter housing. Then the old pan is taped down (probably to keep it in place during shipping) so you have to cut the tape off in the front and back too. It's a real pain to get the old pan out. Make sure you plan for plenty of time and frustration.
    The [replacement] product is much better than the original that the refrigerator came with. It is a smaller version so it was easy to slide in. We had to tear the original tray all apart in order to get it out. It is a little pricey for just a piece of plastic but we didn't have much of a choice.
    I hope that helps.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 09-16-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =