Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Water Dispenser Touchy

Have Frigidaire frig side by side model: FRS26LF8CB3

If some one wants to get water out the dispenser it is touchy. You have to press it in to find the right spot for it to work. When new you could just take a cup and press in there, the light would come on and water pour. Now the light still comes on only if you find the sweet spot so if I go to far the light goes off and no water...if I pull forward a bit the light comes on and water. So it is this constant on/off adjusting the hand to find the right spot so water will pour. For the ice no issue at all...just press and good which is what the water use to do.

What could be my issue here and how can I fix or rid the annoying sensitivity?

control

the control for the water and ice are tactile film switches. there's a carbon button that makes contact with a printed circuit on the surface of the board.
    over time these switches get finicky, cleaning them does no good or maybe just for a few months, then revert back to the original problem.
    replace the board.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      the control for the water and ice are tactile film switches. there's a carbon button that makes contact with a printed circuit on the surface of the board.
      over time these switches get finicky, cleaning them does no good or maybe just for a few months, then revert back to the original problem.
      replace the board.
      Thank you for the update. I have not looked yet any PDF to tutorial you can share on how to replace? Is it a job I can do without a repair person?

Comment

touchy dispenser

Please type in the following into your navigation bar:
        repairclinic dot com
        now insert your frig model number in the space.
        the site will take you to a troubleshooting panel.

Comment

I think HayZee518 might have been referring to the control buttons on the front of the dispenser. I think you are referring to the 'paddle' (34 in the diagram below) you press the glass against to activate the dispenser.

If some one wants to get water out the dispenser it is touchy. You have to press it in to find the right spot for it to work.
          There is a lever on the end of the 'paddle' that activates a mechanical micro-switch (38A in the diagram below). There could be a problem with that micro-switch, it's mounting, the paddle or the paddle mounting.

Click for Larger Image

LINK > Frigidaire FRS26LF8CB3 Lighted Water Dispenser Paddle

LINK > Dispenser Micro-switch

Someone would likely need to investigate to determine which is the cause in your case.

JMO

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 11-21-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =